Aishwarya Rane

About the Art

At the start of the lockdown, I wrote a poem about hope while also highlighting the disproportionate suffering certain communities had to endure. Amidst the fear, pain, and uncertainty, hope was a motivator and a beacon. Across the world, people spent time inside their homes or places of shelter, envisioning a brighter future where life would be glorious instead of grim again. All in all, hope was a comforter during the dark days. Although, hope was cruel for others as their suffering only increased with time.

Read Comforting yet Cruel by Aishwarya Rane »

For this piece, I wrote a letter personifying the chair in my bedroom. With every passing day, my mental health deteriorated. Given uncontrollable circumstances, my efforts to feel safe, regain control or maintain steadiness were futile. Through this letter, I chose to highlight future goals for my mental health by looking at the chair as a role model.

Read Dear Chair by Aishwarya Rane »

A kitchen mishap at home led to a life-altering realization connected to growth and wellness. In this poem, I highlighted the despair and messiness bottling up emotions can bring. By bottling up emotions, we limit growth, keep self-awareness and self-love at bay, and make space for instability at work or in relationships. Moreover, I also made a plea to express and let go before being consumed by suppressed emotions. During the lockdown, developing healthy habits to express feelings and understand who I am has enabled me to move forward with clarity and work towards being an improved or healed version of myself.

Read Bottle by Aishwarya Rane »