August 2017 Award of Excellence Winners

Julie Petzold (left) and Catherine Rodriguez

Congratulations to the first winners of the Award of Excellence, Julie Petzold (Iwasaki Library) and Catherine Rodriguez (Career Services)! The Award of Excellence is one component of the College’s new recognition program for staff. The award is given monthly; community members are encouraged to nominate staff for the award by submitting online nomination forms by the 20th of each month.

Julie Petzold is the access services librarian at the Library. She started her Emerson career as a student worker in Business Services. She then worked in the Library as a circulation assistant during her senior year. A few months after she graduated in 2011 with degrees in WLP and Marketing, Petzold started working in the Library full-time as the assistant circulation manager. While in this position, she obtained an MLS from Simmons. She has been in her current position for a few years.

Petzold said of the award, “To even be nominated for this award meant a lot, because it reminded me that people do notice all of the work that goes into managing the Library’s Service Desk. The dedication of the staff and students I work with, and the positive work environment they help create, is the best reward and one of my favorite parts of working here…they help keep me motivated and excited to come to campus every day.”

Catherine Rodriguez is the administrative assistant in Career Services. She started at Emerson in 2013 and obtained a master’s degree in Integrated Marketing Communication from Emerson in Spring 2016. Rodriguez said of the award, “Winning this award makes me feel acknowledged and appreciated for all of the work I have done throughout the years. It’s always uplifting to hear such positive words about the work I do and how it doesn’t go unnoticed.”