July and August Award of Excellence Winners

Bob Parks receives Excellence Award for July 2019
Bob Parks (holding check) with colleagues

Bob Parks (IT) is the Excellence Award winner for July. He has been a systems developer on the Enterprise System team in IT since 2016. He said of the award, “I’m honored to be recognized for my work by my colleagues. I feel the award is more a reflection of the overall contribution of the Enterprise team than my own contribution. Without their support and assistance, I don’t think I would have been nominated.”

Maria Figueroa and Shaylin Hogan are Excellence Award winners for August 2019
Maria Figueroa (left, holding check) and Shaylin Hogan (right, holding check) with colleagues

Maria Figueroa and Shaylin Hogan (Graduate Studies) are the August Excellence Award winners. Hogan is the program manager and started her Emerson journey in 2013 in the Writing, Literature and Publishing Department. She said of the award, “I believe the reward of hard work is a job well done. Being recognized for the work above and beyond honestly feels really amazing.” Maria Figueroa is the administrative associate to the dean of graduate studies. During her 32-year tenure at the College, she has worked in Human Resources and Undergraduate Admission in addition to the Office of Graduate Studies. In 1996, she received an MA in Speech Communication from Emerson. She said of the award, “I would like to thank Jan Roberts-Breslin, the dean of graduate studies, for the nomination. I am very pleased to have been chosen to receive the award. Until I retire, I will continue to strive for excellence at Emerson.”

Nancy Howell (Communications and Marketing)