September and October Award of Excellence Winners

Angela Siew wins the Excellence Award for September 2019
Angela Siew (holding check) and colleagues

Angela Siew (WLP) is September’s Award of Excellence winner. She has been in the role of administrative associate to the chair of the WLP Department for almost two years. Her affiliation with the department runs deeper than that, however; she graduated from the Poetry MFA program in 2017. She said of the award, “Winning this award is very gratifying for me. I began working for WLP as a graduate student front desk assistant five years ago, so I have always felt a special connection to the department. I’m honored to be recognized for my work.”

Al Ragone receives the Award of Excellence for October
Al Ragone (holding check) and colleagues

Al Ragone (Business Services) is October’s Award of Excellence winner. He has been at Emerson for almost 16 years and is currently the senior Cbord systems manager. Before working in Business Services, he worked in Professional Studies. He is also a member of Emerson’s alumni community, having graduated with a BA in New Media in 2014. He said of the award, “It may sound cliché, but it was an honor just to be nominated…and in the company of so many teammates who keep driving excellence for Emerson College. I am in a position that works mainly behind the scenes, and if I do my job well, then honestly, no one should notice anything. So, receiving this recognition is truly surprising and sincerely appreciated.”

Nancy Howell (Communications and Marketing)

****

Would you like to nominate a staff member for an Excellence Award? Find the nomination form here.