November and December Award of Excellence Winners

Jason Beals (Communications and Marketing) and Christopher Stetson Wilson (Journalism) are the November Award of Excellence winners.

Jason Beals wins the Emerson Award of Excellence
Jason Beals (holding certificate and balloons) with colleagues

Jason Beals is the director of web and digital services. During his 22-year tenure at Emerson, he has worked in the offices of Graduate Admission, Public Relations, and Communications and Marketing. He is also an alumnus, having graduated with an MA in Visual and Media Arts in 2001. He said of the award, “I am grateful to have received this award. As a leader of a service-based team, I appreciate that service, of any kind, is recognized and championed at Emerson.”

Christopher Stetson Wilson wins Emerson Award of Excellence
Christopher Stetson Wilson (holding certificate and balloons) with colleagues

Christopher Stetson Wilson is the administrative associate to the department chair. He has worked at Emerson for almost two years and is a student in the WLP Department’s MFA in Fiction program. He said of the award, “Winning this award felt great. ‘I was born to be a bureaucrat.'”

Ian Flynn receives Emerson Award of Excellence
Ian Flynn (holding check and certificate) with colleagues

December’s award winner is Ian Flynn (Financial Aid). He is an assistant director in Student Financial Services. He started in Undergraduate Admission 16–17 years ago and eventually moved to the Student Service Center. When Emerson moved away from the “one-stop” model about five years ago, he transitioned to Financial Aid. He is a double alumnus of Emerson; he received a BFA in Musical Theatre in 1992 and an MA in Theatre Education in December 2016. He said of the award, “I am, at my core, dedicated to service…to helping people find answers and solve problems. I am proud that, despite some difficult circumstances recently, this shone through and was acknowledged by my colleagues.”

Nancy Howell (Communications and Marketing)