March Award of Excellence Winners

Award of Excellence winners for March 2020

Chris Muchata and Kendra Stokes are the March Award of Excellence winners. Muchata is the housing operations coordinator in the Office of Housing and Residential Education and just celebrated his first anniversary at Emerson. He said of the award, “Winning this award means so much to me! A lot of my role is behind the scenes. We’re always brainstorming ways to improve the student experience and adding a personal touch to some of the transactional processes our office manages….Being selected for this award really shows me the impact I’m making and that the work we are doing isn’t going unnoticed….Not that I felt like it wasn’t noticed, but the validation is really nice!”

Kendra Stokes is the associate director of housing operations in the Office of Housing and Residential Education. This month, she is celebrating four years at Emerson. She said of the award, “This award means more than I can put into words. I was thrilled that Chris and I were bestowed the award as a team. We have worked together for a year, and we try so hard to create strong, positive, student-centered experiences with our work….I feel lucky to be able to not only have a job that I truly enjoy but also get to do it with a great teammate.”

Nancy Howell (Communications and Marketing)