November and December Award of Excellence Winners

Diane Paxton Award of Excellence

Diane Paxton, director of Student Accessibility Services, is the November Award of Excellence winner. She has been at Emerson for 11 years, although she freelanced in the College’s costume shop many moons ago. She worked as a milliner at the shop when it was on Brimmer Street, making headpieces for The Birds and teaching students about the basics of millinery and costume crafts. She said of winning the award, “I am honored to even have been nominated for this award, not to mention winning it! It’s wonderful to have my contributions be recognized by my peers; they see the behind-the-scenes nuances of my work—along with the positive outcomes for the students. Ultimately, though, supporting students in SAS is a partnership with the faculty and staff across the College who carry out, manifest, and support the students’ accommodations in each of their daily interactions.”

Julie Rothhaar-Sanders Award of Excellence

Julie Rothhaar-Sanders, director of Community Standards, is the December Award of Excellence winner. She has been at the College for a little over a year. She said of the award, “I am very appreciative of the recognition and love that I get to work with people who go out of their way to say thank you for the work you are doing. It has been a very busy year, not just for me, but for everyone, and I am grateful to work at Emerson and be part of this amazing community.”

Nancy Howell (Communications and Marketing)