June and July Award of Excellence Winners

Chris Lau Award of Excellence winner

Chris Lau, program coordinator in the Marlboro Institute, is the June Award of Excellence winner. They have been at the College for about a year and a half, starting as the administrative associate to the chair in Visual and Media Arts and recently moving to the Marlboro Institute. They said of the award, “It feels good to know my work is appreciated, and it was nice to reflect on the year we (the department) had through Cristina’s nomination. Cristina [Kotz Cornejo] is an incredibly supportive supervisor, and I’m grateful for the opportunity to have worked with her.”

Zoom screen with Emerson staff

Laura Owen, associate director of wellness in the Wellness Center, is the July Award of Excellence winner. She has worked here for 13 years and is a double alumna: She graduated in 2005 with a BA in Marketing Communication, Advertising, and PR and in 2012 with an MA in Health Communication. She said of the award, “It feels amazing to be celebrated by my peers and the College! We have all worked very hard, especially the last few years. I am a proud Lion through and through. I truly appreciate that there are ways to recognize excellence and lift each other up.”

Nancy Howell (Communications and Marketing)