October–December Award of Excellence Winners

Zoom screen with people celebrating Katherine Yeh

Katherine Yeh, administrative associate to the dean in the School of the Arts, is the October Award of Excellence winner. She started at Emerson as a graduate student in the MFA in Creative Writing program. She worked part-time in the Writing, Literature and Publishing Department and in Student Accessibility Services. She also taught in the Writing Studies Program. After graduation in 2021, she obtained her current job. She said of the award, “Emerson has incredible staff, and many of the staff work behind the scenes, including myself, to make the bigger projects/events/etc. happen….I am honored to have been nominated and to win, out of the many exceptionally qualified staff members whom I work with….To be recognized at the College level is further validation that my work is important and that I, as a person, am important to the running of the College.”

Zoom screen of people celebrating Andrea Popa winning the Award of Excellence
Andrea Popa, director of International Student Affairs, is the November Award of Excellence winner. She has been at Emerson for a little over five years. She said of the award, “I am honored to receive this distinguished recognition from Emerson College, and I am particularly grateful to have received the nomination from my colleagues in the Office of Internationalization & Equity, the tremendous team of hard-working and global-minded equity warriors. I could not have a better team of collaborators, and it is a true pleasure to work alongside them. I’m also grateful to put the award directly toward my next global adventure: a February trip to Italy with my high school senior.”

Zoom screen with people celebrating Amanda Wenthen
Amanda Wenthen, assistant director for residential education in Housing and Residential Education, is the December Award of Excellence winner. She started at Emerson a little over two years ago as a residence director for the Colonial and transitioned to her current role last May. She said of the award, “Winning this award just makes me feel really grateful to have the opportunities that I have to work with such great humans at Emerson. From the students to the faculty and staff, the Emerson community is truly unlike any other.”

Nominate a colleague for the award through the Award of Excellence web page!

Nancy Howell (Communications and Marketing)