December 2017 Award of Excellence Winners

The winners of the December 2017 Award of Excellence are Jim Delaney (VMA) and Jonathan Satriale (School of Communication).

Jim Delaney (holding the check) and colleagues

Jim Delaney has worked in the VMA Department since 2011. He started as the administrative assistant to the chair and then became budget and operations manager in 2014. He obtained a BFA in Writing, Literature and Publishing from Emerson in 1991.

He said of the award, “I was clumsily speechless when I learned of this recognition, and I remain deeply moved by the thoughts of my peers. Whether working with friends I see every day or teammates I’ve know for years only through email, I’m humbled by and proud to be part of such a dedicated crew. I couldn’t do what I do without them.”
Jonathan Satriale receives his award

Jonathan “Satch” Satriale is an Emerson alumnus three times over. He obtained a BS in Mass Communication and then went on to work for more than a decade as a technologist and journalist in New York City. While in New York City, he stayed connected with Emerson as the president of the NY Alumni Chapter.

Satriale joined Emerson in 2004 as the Journalism technology manager, and he is currently the technology director for the School of Communication. When he returned to Emerson, he completed two master’s degrees: one in Integrated Marketing Communication and the other in Journalism.

He said of the award, “I am truly honored to receive the Emerson Award of Excellence. I thank the professor who nominated me and the committee for selecting me. I could not have achieved this accomplishment without the help of so many other Emersonians. ITG, Media Services, TRF, and IT are just some of the groups that help me help others daily. Emerson is such a special place because of all the people who work here and help our
students achieve success. I enjoy being part of the team focused on making students successful and helping make their dreams come true.”

Nancy Howell (Marketing)