January Award of Excellence Winners

Anna Biller and Jillian Naimo
Jill Naimo (holding certificate and check) and Anna Biller (holding balloons) with their colleagues in the background. Not pictured: Sasha Castroverde

Sasha Castroverde and Jill Naimo (Institutional Advancement) are the January Award of Excellence winners. Castroverde is the associate director of annual giving on the Annual Fund and Alumni Engagement team. She began this role in January 2019, but she’s been at Emerson in spirit much longer, as she is an alumna. She graduated with a Theatre Studies degree in 2008. She said of the award, “I am happy to be recognized for the TIGHT KNIT campaign, as it was a wonderful coming together of so many across campus and such a special celebration of the Emerson spirit. It is especially meaningful to share the award with my colleague, Jill Naimo.”

Jill Naimo is the associate director of student and young alumni engagement on the Annual Fund and Alumni Engagement team. She graduated from Emerson with a Marketing Communications degree in 2016. Less than a month later, she started working in Institutional Advancement. She then enrolled in Emerson’s Communication Management graduate program and graduated in 2018. She said of the award, “I am honored to win this award, and I am honored that Sasha and I are being recognized for all of the hard work we put in while our team was down three members. I am also incredibly thankful to everyone who helped us during that time; we truly could not have accomplished what we did without them.”

Nancy Howell (Communications and Marketing)