Spring Award of Excellence Winners

Emerson Facilities staff
A portion of the award-winning team

Congrats to the 31 Facilities team members who won the Spring Award of Excellence.

Leonard Boudreau, a 3rd-shift trades mechanic, will celebrate his 8th anniversary at Emerson this August. He said of the award, “I have been fortunate enough to work with and be a part of a team of good people.”

Nestor Carranza, manager of custodial services, has worked here for 33 years. He said of the award, “It means that people see what we do here every day.”

Maria Guerra, a custodian, has also been at Emerson for 33 years. She said of the award, “The award means a lot, and it makes me feel that my work is appreciated.”

Maria Gutierrez, a custodian, has worked at Emerson for 12 years. She said of the award, “It makes me feel happy and appreciated that people notice our hard work. It motivates me to continue working hard.”

Maria Portillo, a custodian, has been at Emerson for 19 years. She said of the award, “It makes me feel appreciated, and [I will] continue working hard every day.”

Ines Quevedo, a custodian, has been at Emerson for almost 3 years. She said of the award, “Winning this award makes me feel great. It feels good to know my work is appreciated and being recognized.”

Ramiro Soto, a custodian, has worked at Emerson for 33 years. He said of the award, “This award means a lot to me, because by receiving this award, [it shows] our work in Facilities is noticed by the school…and reminds me of all the hard work we put in to make the students’ and staff’s stay with us more enjoyable.”

John Vanderpol, the 2nd-shift crew chief, has been at Emerson for 31 years. He said of the award, “I appreciate the award of excellence that Emerson gave Facilities. It makes us proud to help out [with] keeping the College running.”

Maria Ventura, a custodian, has been at Emerson for 15½ years. She said of the award, “It makes me happy to be recognized by other people outside our department and motivates me to keep working hard.”

Other winners are:

David Carr, 2nd-shift trades mechanic

Mario Carranza, Rotch Field supervisor

Efrain Chicas, custodian

Jorge Coronado, crew chief

Ana Cruz, custodian

Shawn Davis, 1st-shift trades mechanic

Derrek Eno, 1st-shift crew chief

Ricardo Galdamez, custodian

Alessandro Goncalves, mechanical technician

Julio Guillen, building maintenance worker

Harry Nestor, maintenance III worker

Thomas O’Brien, trades mechanic

Mario Osorio, trades mechanic assistant

Craven Perry, maintenance III worker

Marcos Pleitez, custodian

Rodolfo Ribas, locksmith

Gerry Sampuang, building maintenance worker

Luis Soto, trades mechanic

Christofer Volz, assistant director

Jermaine Warnsby, 3rd-shift crew chief

Daniel Weintraub, trades mechanic

Jarad Ziniti, plumber

Thank you messages to the Facilities team
Staff wrote thank you messages on a Kudoboard.

Nancy Howell (Communications and Marketing)