Staff Spotlight: Veronica Moreno-Nestojko

Veronica Staff Spotlight

Name: Veronica Moreno-Nestojko

Position: Marketing Director

Major: Writing, Literature, and Publishing

Minor: Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies & Marketing Communications

Current internship/job: I currently make peoples’ coffee at Starbucks, have developed a headache that comes on due to lack of caffeine, and am (definitely not stressing out over) looking into internships for next semester

Favorite part of Pub Club: I love how easy it is to learn new things about Publishing. We really make it accessible which is great, because I came in with no idea what I wanted to do.

Craziest Pub Club memory: On the night of a book launch we had a LOT of rain, the books were late, we didn’t have change for making sales, and we had to get all of the food from Little Building to the Bordy. Basically my worst nightmare. I actually had to bring a blowdryer from my room so that everyone could look presentable because of all of the crazy running back and forth we had to do to get set up. Luckily everything turned out fine, but it was a very hectic start to the night.

Why do you love publishing?: I love working with books. I used to really worry about what I wanted to do because I’m not a writer but I love books and literature so much. Publishing has really opened up a lot of opportunities for me.

Patronus:  Artic Fox