Please join us in celebrating Daniela Kukrechtova (who worked on improving 2 courses!) and Richard Chetwynd, who completed Accessible Design in Fall 21.
Some courses saw dramatic improvement in Ally scores (67% to 93%!), while in other courses the improvements were more organizational.
- The type of things faculty worked on:
- Deleting unnecessary files, making it easier for students to find what they need
- Making the course clearer and easier to navigate by adding navigation guidance to the front page
- Adding clarifying language in the syllabus
- Reworking the syllabus to be directly in Canvas
- Using Canvas calendar events
- Running the accessibility checker on all Canvas Pages
- Adding alt text to images
- Redesigning the final project to give students agency over what they create
- ITG remediated 16 PDFs, and helped faculty find alternate (more accessible) formats for others
There will be 2 sessions of Accessible Design this semester. Please join us!
Monday February 7th – Sunday March 6th
Monday April 4th – Sunday May 1st